Hey, you’ve found the perfect cruise, what’s next???
- On Line Registration – do this asap and check out the excursions etc.. as some book up quickly.
- Excursions not done by cruise line – many have found these reasonable and fun. Since I travel solo I want the protection of the ship, that said, ask around. and Auntie Google to see what you can come up with if you are a couple or solo adventurer.
- Get documents together – passports with adequate page amounts, drivers licenses, and for those non-Americans check out cruise and country policy to ensure you have all the needed paperwork. Contact the cruise line directly with any questions regarding this kind of paperwork. The folks on the phone lines are helpful and knowledgeable.
- Make a list of what you need and cross items out as you collect them. Don’t forget the sunscreen.
- Plan your time. Set 2 clocks, phone and analog, and bring a battery analog clock with you. If driving to the port day of gas up the night before and leave early. The lunch on the ship is always delicious and there will be things to do if you arrive early.
- Some cruise lines are assigning check in times. It was a breeze with this service in Port Carnaveral as opposed to a visit 2 years ago. After metal detector one merely had to flash the passport a couple times and walk on to the ship.
- Off site parking another breeze. Give the driver a tip.
- Once at terminal you can carry on your bags or let attendants handle. Again, if an attendant handles bring all you need till late afternoon in your carry on. Don’t want to loose pool time.
- On board – eat lunch and get the daily listing of things to do. If there is a ship tour – do it. It makes all the difference in the world getting acclimated to the ship.
- Daily Listing -as you munch on lunch decide what to do for the remainder of the day post lunch and tour.
There are also APs available for your cell. Since I was attempting to de-phone except for pics I didn’t partake but those that did loved the service.
Next, what to do on the ship.