In these days of corona here are some simple helps to get through the day:
- Close your eyes and think of something that relaxes you.
- Step away from the craziness even if it is to hide out in a bathroom.
- Appreciate your home. Sit in a comfortable chair, take deep breaths.
- Think of the people who help you through life, give them a call, text or email telling them how grateful you are for them.
- Start a journal – doesn’t have to be fancy, the blank back of a piece of paper. Just start..
- Look over your to do list, send it blessings and gratitude.
- Think of the successes you have had in this day. If only that you got out of bed.
- Think positive. Think happy thoughts.
- Go outside and look at the sky.
- Force yourself to smile.
- Think of something funny, laugh.
- Rent the movie It’s a Wonderful Life..
- Seek out web sites with articles on happiness and how to be..
- Read Authentic Happiness by Martin Seligman. It speaks to personal well being. Think you are okay, as you are…
- Pet a dog, walk your dog, purchase a dog..
- Write a list of your strengths, read it daily.
- Eat well. Limit sugar, caffeine, alcohol.
- Have more sex.
- Plant an herb garden or any type of garden.
- Get your hands in dirt, feel the Earth.
- Don’t dwell on past events. Stay present.
- Choose what you want to think about.
- When bad thoughts appear, tell yourself to change the channel and think of something else.
- Limit the news.
- Rid yourself of negative influences and people.
- Appreciate yourself. Say good things about yourself.
- If you have health concerns, don’t dwell on them..
- Use positive affirmations, “I am extremely healthy.” You will be surprised as they work.
- Tell those you love that you love them.
- Walk barefoot.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Smell spices, burn candles, incense.
- Be grateful for all you have, especially the small things. From small grows large, remember the mustard seed..
Recently I had a melt down and feel much shame from this. We all go through times when we are not proud of our actions. But after the appropriate angst I have decided to think of this as a gift and forgive myself. That is probably the best gift we can give ourselves.
It is a challenging time we are all going through, but if we do the work, and pull together we will get through this.