This California girl is the only individual to have won 6 Tony Awards wining in all 4 categories. Trained as a classical soprano at the Juilliard School in New York City she has worked in opera, stage, screen, and movie roles. She also has an active recording and concert career with her multi-dimensional talents.
Currently you can see Audra on The Good Fight, (CBS All Access), as Liz Lawrence, a partner at the Reddick, Boseman, and Lockhart law firm.
Here’s a listing of her accolades:
- 1994 Carousel – Tony Award
- 1996 Master Class – Tony Award
- 1998 Ragtime – Tony Award
- 2004 A Raisin in the Sun – Tony Award
- 2012 Porgy and Bess – Tony Award and Screen Actors Guild Award
- 2014 Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar and Grill – Tony Award
- 2015 Prime Time Emmy – Live From Lincoln Center
- 2017 National Medal of Arts
- 2017 inducted into the American Theater Hall of Fame
Don’t lament.. I’m sure there is an Oscar in this amazing woman’s future.