Under the new Texas Voting Law only those 65 or over are qualified to vote absentee and they also must meet the following criteria:
- Absent from the county during the election
- Have a disability or illness which would make it risky to their health, or they need assistance to get to the voting place.
Tried to locate how the above 2 criteria are proven, and what paperwork is required, but was unable.
With submission of the ballot a copy of identification is required. In Harris County, which includes Dallas, 38% of the ballots received thus far have been rejected. With a March 1st deadline election staff are scrambling to correct these errors.
Writing this I laugh as those who put this law in place in an effort to maintain their power are actually loosing their base.
Three Highlights for Today..
- Storms ravaging most of the US today, 100 million affected.
- tr family to be deposed for business practices by New York State Attorney General staff.
- US government funded through March 11th by a senate bill. Gosh, they actually did something!