Located in what is now Fairmont, West Virginia, this Fort was built in 1774 as a protection for settlers during the Indian Wars. It was reconstructed in 1974.
More than 50 families lived outside the walls of the Fort, however, during times of Indian raids families moved inside the Fort for protection. The docents provided an accurate depiction of Fort life during this era.
The Fort was named for the Prickett Family. In 1774 they lived in this area with their 11 children. As the family grew they moved West to Ohio and Illinois.
In 1859 a great grandson of the Prickett’s built the Job House on the Fort property grounds. Due to covoid only window views were available.
There is an amphitheater on the grounds of the Fort for events.